The War in Afghanistan was a tragedy that lasted for 20 years. Our country started its longest war on October 7, 2001. This war followed the attack on 9/11. President Bush sent troops to kill the leader of the 9/11 attack and to remove the Taliban, Afghanistan's government. Because of the attacks of 9/11, the US sent thousands of troops over to remove Taliban and defend our country from other terrorist attacks. The war started because of the 9/11 attack from the Taliban. Our government had to fight back, and so we did. First responders played a big role in the 9/11 attack. They acted as our country's brave knights. They were our natural hero’s that spent days devoting their lives to find survivors. Another natural hero that fights for what he loves is Sir Lancelot from Once and Future King. Lancelot was a successful leader who was extremely loyal and takes his knighthood very seriously just as the first responders did on 9/11. A huge part of the war was our country’s soldiers. Soldiers are acting on the war for the country which makes them extremely courageous and have prowess on the battlefield. Soldiers are like our knights by constantly serving our country and defending it throughout the years. As in Once and Future King, the character Sir Lancelot, is also described as a courageous knight who serves others. Both Lancelot and soldiers are a big part of the government. Lancelot is the first King of the Round Table, and our soldiers are part of our government to serve our country.
people standing on green grass field under cloudy sky during daytime
image_print Print this page.

Author

0 0 votes
Rate This Post
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the  National Writing Project . Opinions expressed by writers are their own.   See more About Youth Voices Terms of Service Privacy Policy . All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

CONTACT US

Email allisonpr@gmail.com Call or Text 917-612-3006

Sending
wpDiscuz
0
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment. x
( )
x
| Reply

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Move Comment