Dear Mr./Mrs. President,

The topic I choose to write to the president about is college prices. I read College Costs by Natalie Vargas and we both agree that tuition prices and debt is too high. College students fear this everyday and it stresses them out. “Seven out of ten college students are stressed about their personal finances… Nearly 60 percent said they worry about having enough money to pay for school, while half are concerned about paying their monthly expenses.” Having to juggle that stress plus the stress of school work that college already puts on you, breaks a student down. A number of students to drop out not because of their grades, but because they can’t financially stay in school. Having to drop out of the school of your dreams, or the school that will help you set off you career will genuinely hurt that student.

Now, some people make it during their college years. They afford everything at the time but then here’s comes College debt. Adults mature with children are still facing their college debt. Can you imagine getting ready to pay for your child’s college and you’re still paying for your own? Especially if you’re send multiple kids to college within the same years and you’re still paying for yours. That disadvantages everyone involved.

Also, not being able to pay for your child to go to college puts a lot of emotional and financial stress on the parents, especially when they still have kids at home. Parents want the best for their children and not being able to send them to college and give them the best start they can in the world breaks a parent’s heart.

I would express to the president that the upcoming generation, the future of our country would benefit generously with lowered college prices and debt. Our future would be brighter having more educated people in each area that we need them. This step could make our world is better place.

image_print Print this page.

Author

0 0 votes
Rate This Post
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
3 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Natalie
October 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Nice! I really like your topic. I can agree with your arguments and I think that you presented them in a convincing way. I agree that it is very messed up that it is so hard for our students to pay for an education but if you are not financially stable enough to support yourself through schooling you are criticized.

Manwinder
October 12, 2016 10:03 pm

I agree with you on the fact that college costs and debts are very high. I feel like whatever time students spend worrying about costs and debts they could focus that time on studying. This issue needs to be addressed to make life easier for college students.

Tala
October 12, 2016 5:09 pm

I really enjoyed reading your email. We live in a world where it is easier for people with money to get through life and have the education that most of us crave.

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the  National Writing Project . Opinions expressed by writers are their own.   See more About Youth Voices Terms of Service Privacy Policy . All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

CONTACT US

Email allisonpr@gmail.com Call or Text 917-612-3006

Sending
wpDiscuz
3
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment. x
( )
x
| Reply

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Move Comment