In the article, “ A New Name for Cleveland Baseball ’’(McGraw Hill)I learned the reason why the Cleveland baseball team changed their team name from Indians to Guardians. This terrible situation happens due to racism in their name. This situation also happens due to people that are in charge of them. This quote made it clear that “The team went through a long selection process when trying to choose a new name. It surveyed 40,000 fans and conducted hundreds of hours of interviews.” This stated for me that a lot of people were voting on keeping the name or changing it.

I think what is happening in the Cleveland baseball team is a huge problem. It feels horrible when you use someone’s religion against them and not care. It’s hard for someone to be called an Indian player even when you are not indian. 

What name do you think they should have changed it to?

image_print Print this page.

Author

0 0 votes
Rate This Post
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the  National Writing Project . Opinions expressed by writers are their own.   See more About Youth Voices Terms of Service Privacy Policy . All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

CONTACT US

Email allisonpr@gmail.com Call or Text 917-612-3006

Sending
wpDiscuz
0
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment. x
( )
x
| Reply

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Move Comment