Youth Voices

Three-Paragraph Bio

Think about how you would like to introduce yourself to the Youth Voices community of students and teachers. Your bio will be one click away from each of your discussion posts and comments on this site.

Write three paragraphs about yourself.

Paragraph 1:Who are you? What's important to know about you? When were you born? When did something important happen to you, a turning point? Where have you lived?

Paragraph 2:What do you like to do in school, including extra-curricular activities. What are you good at in school?

Paragraph 3:What do you enjoy doing out of school? What are you particularly good at? How did you get that way?

Once you have finished, read your Bio to a friend. Do some revisions, then post it on Youth Voices.

• Log in
  • Go to Member Home
  • Click My Profile
  • Click Edit, then Bio
  • Find the Bio text box toward the bottom.
  • Paste your 3-paragraph bio from Docs and Save.

Next. Record your 3-paragraph bio on Audacity, on your phone, or by using Vocaroo (See below). Upload it as media on your Bio, and embed it at the top of your Profile page.

Here are the steps:

• Record a reading of your 3-paragraph bio. You can do this on your computer or on your phone. Or you can use Vocaroo .
  • Be sure to save (or convert) any audio file to an .mp3.
  • Upload your .mp3 to the Media section under the Body box on your Profile. (Edit Profile, click Bio.)
  • Save your upload, then return to Edit Profile and the Bio tab.
  • Now you need to copy two things and put them together at the top of your Bio.
    • Right-Click or Control-Click on the link for the .mp3 that should appear in the bottom, left corner of your Bio. Copy the Link Address and paste it at the top of your Bio.
    • Copy the code between the lines below, and paste this code at the top of your Profile Bio. Replace "horse.mp3" with the URL for your .mp3.

<
      audio controls>
      < source src= "horse.mp3" type= "audio/mpeg" >
      < /audio >

This is what it looks like when it is done. Notice the code in the top left corner and the uploaded mp3 file under Media:

Use Vocaroo to record and save, then download the file as an MP3.

Powered by Vocaroo Voice Recorder

Alternative step: Remix this Thimble project . Use this link first, then hit the remix button on that page.

(You can also right-click or ctrl-click on the Remix button that appears below and open it in a new window or tab.)

Learn html at the same time as you write and record your profile.

View Site in Mobile | Classic
Share by: